The Sony Ericsson W910 reinforced the Walkman ranks with a suave, yet strong performer. The thin and elegant slider does look the part, while HSDPA (3.6 Mbps) and Walkman 3.0 are the right features to expect in a high-end device. At first glance, the W910 brings a few brand new software and hardware solutions to the scene. Stay with us as we go beyond the disarming looks and try to determine whether Sony Ericsson W910 has what it takes to win the hearts of the customers.
Sony Ericsson W910 official pictures
- HSDPA (3.6 Mbps), EDGE, Bluetooth (with A2DP)
- SensMe and Shake control features
- Slim sliding construction
- Media Center, Walkman 3.0
- Dedicated Call and End keys
- Fast photo browser
- Ample 2.4″ display
- Powerful loudspeaker
- FM radio with RDS
- 1GB or 2GB M2 card included, M2 USB card reader
- Comes at an overpriced price tag
- Wobbly slider
- 2 MP camera with neither autofocus, nor flash
- Only 40 MB internal memory
- Video recording in QVGA resolution at 15fps
- Irrelevant gaming/photo keys
- No skins for the Walkman player
Compared to the recently reviewed Nokia N81 8GB, the refined Sony Ericsson W910 outdoes its Nokia rival in both looks and size.
Sony Ericsson W910 compared to Nokia N81 8GB – the W910 is better in design
Sony Ericsson W910 comes in a nice compact black-and-orange box with all the necessary gear to get you started – charger, USB data cable, stereo headset, 1GB Memory Stick Micro (M2) (in our case, you may get yours with 2GB card), plus the usual papers and installation CDs. A tiny piece of hardware will make your face broaden into a grin. For the first time, a compact Sony Ericsson USB 2.0 M2 card reader with a status LED and a strap is included in the retail box. We ran a quick test on it comparing performance to a regular card reader on USB 2.0. The standard reader transferred 113 tracks totaling 492 MB in 4:30 min, while the Sony Ericsson USB 2.0 M2 card reader executed the task in almost the same time – 4:20 min. So, you get the same transfer rate and the compact dimensions are an added gain.
Sony Ericsson W910 unboxed Sony Ericsson USB 2.0 M2 card reader