This article is outdated. We have already published a full review.
Following our photoshoot teaser with the M8910 Pixon12 yesterday we are ready to invite you on a second date with this promising cameraphone. This time we hope to show its other side – the one that doesn’t necessarily revolve around the camera functionality.
You’ve all seen that while the gap between cameraphones and the dedicated digicams seemed huge a couple of years ago, it’s already closing in fast. The Samsung M8910 Pixon12 certainly isn’t a full-time replacement for a camera enthusiast as it lacks the optical zoom and some customization options but it might just do a pretty good on quite a lot of occasions. And the best camera is the one that you always have on you.
We are sure the both flashes will be temptation for many of you especially when the xenon-featured phones were almost forgotten in the last year. The huge count of megapixels plus the wide-angle lens and tons of camera features are something camera geeks can’t and won’t miss just like that.
Samsung M8910 Pixon12 lifestyle photos
But we’ve already showed you how it compares photography-wise to some quite unusual peers. This time around we are all set to showing you there’s more to it than just a sharpshooter. Let’s see go through the Pixon12 basic specs one more time:
Samsung M8910 Pixon12 at a glance:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar
- Dimensions: 108 x 53 x 13.8 mm, 120g
- Display: 3.1 inch 16M color WVGA AMOLED resistive touchscreen
- Platform: Latest TouchWiz 2.0 UI with Smart unlock
- Memory: 150MB integrated memory, hot-swappable microSD card slot (up to 16GB)
- Camera: 12 megapixel auto focus camera with Power LED flash and xenon flash, wide-angle 28mm lens, object tracking auto focus, automatic lens cover, geo-tagging, image stabilization, Smart Auto mode, face detection, Beauty Shot, Smile Shot and D1 video recording at 30 fps with auto focus and face detection
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, TV out
- Misc: Accelerometer for screen auto rotate and turn-to-mute, FM radio with RDS, DivX/XviD video support
- Battery: 1000mAh Li-Ion battery
We only received the Samsung M8910 Pixon12 yesterday but this is our second cover story on it. We’re actually working on a full review but that’s probably going to be ready no earlier than next week, so in the mean time we though we’d give you some good reading beside all those camera samples yesterday.
Samsung M8910 Pixon12 in our office
A high-end mobile phone is not about one thing only. A high-end device like the Pixon12 should keep you connected (online, texting, talking), it must be easy and fun to use, it should also help you organize your personal life and appointments, and finally, it should be there for you when you want to share your life’s most striking moments to friends and family – and be ready to capture them as well.
So this is what an all-in-one mobile is about and we really hope the Pixon12 delivers on as many of those as possible. The notion of the ultimate device is hardly viable anymore as innovation and new features are always around the corner, but if the Pixon12 does deliver on most of those things without huge compromises, then it would be a fine product by our books.
So follow us on the next page for quick tour of the Samsung Pixon12 design and ergonomics.