The Samsung M7600 Beat is a DJ. What’s on its mind is on its face, a brave stab at not only putting music in your pocket but in your hands as well. The M7600 Beat is quick to claim a territory of its own, where playback simply won’t do unless you mix your own music.
The inspired and unmistakable styling, vibrant OLED capacitive touchscreen, sweet clicking TouchWiz and a whole new music experience will make you have a crush or wish you were younger. Meet the first DJ phone.
Samsung M7600 Beat DJ official photos
- Stand-out design
- Quad-band GSM and 3G with HSDPA support
- 2.8″ 16M-color AMOLED touchscreen display of WQVGA resolution
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and VGA video at 15 fps
- Accelerometer for screen auto rotate
- Proximity sensor for auto screen turn-off
- MicroSD card slot (up to 16 GB), 8 GB card included
- Built-in GPS receiver with A-GPS support, Google Maps
- Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP)
- DivX/XviD video support
- Stereo FM radio with RDS, FM recording
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- Office document viewer
- Smart dialing
- BeatDJ app for scratching and sampling
- User interface is quite laggy
- BeatDJ app could’ve been better and more responsive
- No virtual on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- Limited Flash support in browser
- Poor music reproduction quality
The Samsung Beat lineup has a few pawns on the chessboard already, but the M7600 Beat DJ is different stuff. A touchscreen media gadget with high-speed data, GPS, enhanced video playback and good enough imaging, it’s fit to stand its ground even against smartphones with an ear for music.
Samsung M7600 Beat DJ live shots
Walkmans to the left of it, XpressMusic to the right, the Samsung M7600 Beat DJ makes a stand with a truly unique feature and throws a DJ deck at the young. The party is on at the Arena, Samsung spinning.