This article is outdated. We have already published a full review.
Well, youve met the family, now here is one of the new kids on the block. Midrange Froyo deserts for all it is, and the Samsung Galaxy Ace leads the gang. In an attempt to bring smartphone sales even higher, Samsung is turning attention to providing a whole series of budget smartphones for the masses. And theyre not based on the Bada OS, they use Android instead.
Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace official photos
LG has had quite a success with its Optimus One and Samsung is all in on the game too with no less than five different models. The Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is the more powerful and its the one we are taking for a spin today.
The specs sheet is pretty much similar to the most Androids in its class no AMOLED screen or high-end camera just the typical HVGA display, decent connectivity and a hopefully, a satisfying snapper.
Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace at a glance:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 112.4 x 59.9 x 11.5 mm, 113 g
- Display: 3.5″ 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen, 320 x 480 pixels
- CPU: Qualcomm QCT MSM7227-1 Turbo 800 MHz processor
- Memory: 158MB storage, microSD card slot
- OS: Android OS, v2.2 Froyo
- Camera: 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection; QVGA video recording
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Misc: TouchWiz 3.0 UI, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, Swype text input
The Aces Android OS is skinned with the latest Samsungs TouchWiz UI. You shouldnt expect bonus apps beside the standard Android ones, since its a mid-range smartphone.
Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace live shots
But when youre buying cheap, you know youll have to make compromises jump to the next page to see if theres anything lacking in the hardware department.