The Realme 6 is the new Pro, that’s what the company keeps telling us. But what does that mean? Well, it means that the Realme 6 isn’t a direct successor to the Realme 5 and instead, it takes the Realme 5 Pro’s place. The shift in strategy has also resulted in a price hike for the Realme 6 series. The Realme 6 is considerably more expensive than the Realme 5, and the Realme 6 Pro enters in a new price bracket.
But let’s focus on the “new Pro” – the Realme 6. It looks like Realme is offering a substantial upgrade compared to both the Realme 5 and 5 Pro. For instance, the new Helio G90T chipset on board should provide even better performance than before, and the 6.5-inch LCD panel is in line with today’s trends by offering a 90Hz refresh rate. Sure, it’s not OLED, but this is a mid-range phone we are talking about. Kudos to Realme for bringing high-refresh rate to the masses.
Realme 6 specs
- Body: 162.1 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm, 191g; Front glass, plastic body
- Screen: 6.5″ IPS LCD, FHD+ (1080 x 2400px) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 405 ppi
- Camera: Primary: 64MP Quad-Bayer, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm pixel size, 1/1.72″ sensor size; Ultra-wide: 8MP, f/2.3 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, 1/4″ sensor size; Macro: 2MP f/2.4, 1.75µm pixel size, 1/5″ sensor size; Depth sensor: 2MP mono camera
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.0 aperture
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G90T (12nm): octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55), Mali-G76 MC4 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB, expandable via microSD card
- OS: Android 10, Realme UI
- Battery: 4,300 mAh, 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE; Dual SIM; Dual-band Wi-Fi, Buetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C 2.0
- Misc:Side-mounted fingerprint reader
Additionally, the handset boasts 30W fast charging, big enough battery, and four cameras for versatile photography. A telephoto is the only thing missing from the long specs sheet, but Realme assures that the 2x digital zoom using the main 64MP sensor is enough to provide you with comparable telephoto quality.